Date of Last Revision: January 14, 2023
The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to FunColumbus.com
The terms “you” and “your” refers to you as a user of our Site or Services.
In any case where this Policy provides that we may affirmatively make a notification to you by email, such email will be deemed to be the primary email address associated with any account you have with us or that you have provided to us.
Our Data Protection and Privacy Principles
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
For your security, our credit card processing vendor encrypts sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our order forms using secure socket layer technology (SSL). In order for SSL to work, you must have a browser that supports SSL technology.
It should be noted that information you choose to post to the Site, e-mails, and other information you send to us, except that which you send us on a secure page, is not encrypted and such transmissions cannot be considered a secure means of transmitting information.
You should be aware of the limitations of security, authentication, encryption, and privacy measures used in connection with the Internet and that any information you transmit through the Site or in connection with the Service may be damaged, corrupted, “sniffed” and/or accessed by another person without your permission.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, date and time of visit, the browser being used, lists of files you download or view, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or surveys on our Website, or uploading to our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or creating an account, making a purchase, requesting services, completing a form, or other communications. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The Website does not respond to “do not track” (DNT) signals.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
Technologies We Use for Automatic Data Collection (Cookies and other Tracking Technologies)
Web Beacons. Pages of our Website (and our emails) may also contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited pages on the Site, in connection with emails sent to users to let us know whether and when the email was opened, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you inquire about or request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription(s), including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website (if any).
- If you provide us with your e-mail address, to communicate information to you regarding our Site, the Services, and programs affiliated with us which may be of interest to you, and to respond to queries.
- When you choose to enter certain of our sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions, to administer such promotions.
- In connection with a survey, for market research, to provide information we believe would be of interest to you for marketing purposes or otherwise, to monitor the use of our Site, and to make improvements to the Site and/or Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and the operation of the Website, including payment processing and order fulfillment.
- To our sponsors and to third parties who help administer our promotions, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of FunColumbus.com’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by FunColumbus.com about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have, as applicable, consented to these disclosures or not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any law enforcement, government, or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of FunColumbus.com, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may select “Unsubscribe,” or send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. We will generally be able to give effect to your withdrawal on 3 days’ notice. However, please note that regardless of the promotional preferences you indicate by unsubscribing or opting-out, we may continue to send you administrative emails related to the Site or Services, as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions, or as permitted by law.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website by clicking here: https://thenai.org/opt-out/.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Where applicable, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
To protect your privacy, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to view or revise your personal information.
Please note that when FunColumbus.com processes a change or deletes your personal information from active systems and databases, it is possible that non-active residual copies of your information may still exist in systems and on archive or backup media.
Residents of certain states may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Your State Privacy Rights
Funolumbus.com is not subject to regulation under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) and its associated regulations. Therefore, even if you are a California resident and FunColumbus.com may have personal information about you that is the type of information that is subject to the CCPA, the CCPA is not applicable to FunColumbus.com or to FunColumbus’s relationship with you.
However, if you are a resident of the State of California and FunColumbus.com has an established business relationship with you, then you have certain privacy rights pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code. You have the right to request the following at any time: (a) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to other companies for their marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, with the companies’ names and addresses; and (b) the discontinuation (or opt-out) of FunColumbus.com’s sharing of the information with those third parties. Please submit any requests (“California Privacy Rights Request”) to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Your California Privacy Rights.”
For each California Privacy Rights Request, please state “Your California Privacy Rights” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
a. the nature of your request;
b. that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights;”
c. your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
d. whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
FunColumbus.com is not responsible for a California Privacy Rights Request that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled, or incorrectly sent.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah:
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please submit a request to email@example.com with a subject line of “Your State Privacy Rights.”
Social Plugins and Social Media Widgets
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, or provide any information about yourself, including without limitation your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If FunColumbus.com obtains actual knowledge that it has obtained personal information about a child under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete that information from our records as soon as possible. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Site may make chat rooms, forums, and message boards available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
We may revise and/or update this Policy from time to time in our sole discretion. Any updates to the Policy will be available on this page and will note that the Policy has been updated. You agree that the posting of an updated Policy on this page, or contacting you to inform you of the change when required by law, constitutes notice to you of such changes. You agree that your use of the Site and/or our Services after the effective date of the updated Policy constitutes your agreement and consent to such updated Policy. It is your responsibility to check the Policy posted on the Site periodically so that you are aware of any changes.
Should you have any further questions regarding this Policy please contact us by email at: email@example.com.